Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pottery Barn Knock-off pillow

Pottery Barn.....oh, how I wish you weren't soooooo expensive!!  Well, you do inspire me, though....



Yesterday I got the bug to do something with the pile of denim that I have been accumulating.  I keep any and all pairs of jeans that my kids/hubby have outgrown.  So, for this project, the denim came from a pair of my son's jeans and the ruffles from a stash of garage sale fabric.  I borrowed the pattern idea from my pottery barn magazine.  :)

The first of many projects to be tackled in 2013!

Today I will be storing all of the Christmas decorations that are, at the moment, sitting at the top of the stairs in the expansion bedroom that we are starting to remodel.  Must get them out of the way before we can start sanding.
Hope you'all are enjoying the first days of 2013!  It was back to school here this morning and back to a "normal " schedule.

10 comments:

  1. All art is derivative ;). Super cute pillow and I love that it is up-cycled. Pottery Barn, eat your heart out. Great finish -- and congrats on being the first link of the year!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow looks awesome, great job! And I agree Potter Barn is not so nice on the wallet, but man do they have nice stuff. Thanks for sharing on We Made That!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and we are looking for new throw pillows for our new couch! Thanks for visiting throughmycreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so stinkin' easy....my daughter just put in a request for some for her couch! :)

      Delete
  4. Your pillow knock-off turned out awesome! I think I'm going to have to make some new pillows for my home now :))

    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. Love denim projects! New follower for ya. Follow me back:) I posted to made in a day:
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/search/label/DIY%20Dollar%20Hats
    and http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/search/label/Everybody%20Loves%20Doris%20Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! And, I'm following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    cute pillows.Its design is really heart touching.I like it.Thanks for sharing this blog.
    Mattress pad memory foam

    ReplyDelete