Translate

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby, It's Cold......

Outside, Inside....Everywhere!

After several years of above normal Winter temperatures,  today was BRUTAL!  Our high was 5 degrees....yes, I said FIVE!  And tomorrow,  our HIGH will be -2....n-e-g-a-t-i-v-e  t-w-o!  (with a wind chill of  -20 to -30!)   

Yes, I do live in Minnesota....and, yes, I have very many times experienced these crazy cold days....however, I am NEVER ready for them.  They always catch me off guard and unwilling to accept them!  :)  So, tomorrow is going to be a warm blanket and homemade soup day.  And, being that it is Martin Luther King Day....that means that there is no school so no waking up early and driving the kiddo.  Yay!  Just me, my blankie and my soup....yeah....who-am-I-kidding?!?  :) 

OK, back to reality....the reality where I have had my niece over here all this weekend and she and my 11 year old have terrorized this house!  So, tomorrow will be regroup and reorganize day.

I haven't been posting much lately due to family illness (yes, we had that dreaded flu) and extended family health issues.  I'm happy to say that my Mother in Law is doing quite well after her pacemaker surgery and my Father in Law is all recuperated from his own bout of the flu.

Immediately after her surgery and before we all became sick here,  we took dinner to them and helped them get things back to normal at their house.  I made a hearty beef stew....

and a yummy Apple Crisp......


and we spent the majority of an afternoon and evening getting everyone caught up and back to normal.

Hmmmm.....I'm thinking that tomorrow may be a great day to make another pot of that stew........

Anyway.....later that week I finally got out to do some shopping and had an awesome adventure at Target:



......where I spent 22.16 and saved 51.30 in coupons!

And, then a trip to CVS where I spent 1.53(after coupons and extra bucks) and received 8.00 back in ECB's.  I do love to get some bargains especially they way prices have been skyrocketing lately!

So, this is the beginning of the first "normal" week that we have had in a while.  Tons of laundry to catch up on and time to clean a house that has definitely not been feeling the love lately.  And, hopefully, some time to scour the ad's and find some deals this week.  

If you live in the upper midwest....throw a few more logs on the fire and remember that this is the way it is suppose to feel in January....not the 40's that we had last year at this time.  :)  Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment