Translate

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bad, Bad Blogger :(

Well...... my intentions were good.  How have I not blogged since January?!?  So, attempt #2 to getting this blog off the ground.

We are getting some seriously needed rain here in Minnesota today!  So happy to see this.  :)  My front lawn resembles a dry hay field with only the weeds surviving.  Tell me, how is it that the entire lawn can be brown and brittle but the random weeds are green and lush?!?

It has been one HOT Summer so far,  hasn't it?  We never have temps like this.  We have actually been in the triple digits.....that is UNHEARD of here!  I am beginning to think that Minnesota and Texas changed places when I wasn't looking!  :)

So, since my last blog entry (my only blog entry,  lol)...we have been working on remodeling my daughters room.  She has your basic 4 walls and a floor room and I wanted to make it something special.  We have primed and painted and redid (redoing) the closet.  I am working on refinishing and old armoire and we hope to finish the pallet wall (thank you, pinterest) today.  Pictures will follow, I promise.

Also, it is wayyyyy overdue that I do some freezer cooking.  I will be getting a list together today of ingredients needed to get some easy, throw in the microwave ,oven, crockpot food into the freezer.  It makes life sooooooo much easier to have something already thrown together that just needs to be thawed and cooked ....especially on days that it is too hot to think straight.

And, my pantry is simply depleted!  Time for a big "Sams Club" run to stock up again on the staples.  It's VERY hard on the budget to be out of 'everyday' items and have to make quick runs to the store.  I hate doing that because I know that I am overspending and that is something that we cannot afford to do these days.  We are on a "tighten the belt" budget because we have a child leaving for college next month and a child getting married next year.  (More on both of these things in future blog posts.)

Also, we are getting very close to the dreaded back-to-school shopping that has to happen.  I am already checking out sales on all of the supplies that my 11 year old will need. She has grown by leaps and bounds this summer so I know that NONE of her last year clothes are going to fit. I know this for sure because I just had to grab her some new shorts to make it thru the rest of the Summer.  And by new, I mean thrift store and garage sales.  I am not looking forward to cleaning out her closet....Im sure we will have nothing left and be starting from scratch  :(.

Well, it is time for me to sign off for now... I really must figure out what I am preparing tonight for dinner and then get to work on some cleaning and laundry.  Later today we will be working on my daughters room and there will be no time for extra chores.

Hope you all are having a great Summer and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment